Saturday 5 December 2015

Making & Using Caramel by Bill Collins

Description from Netgalley:

Chef Bill Collins demonstrates all the techniques you need to make caramel candies, cookies, puddings, and more, using illustrated step-by-step instructions that ensure success every time. Includes safety guidelines, troubleshooting tips, and irresistible recipes!



My review:

This is my first cookbook purely for making and using caramel and I am really happy that I got the chance to review it.

Bill's description of techniques, equipment and recipes is simple, easy to follow, but kept interesting at the same time. I read this book like I would a novel, because I love cooking and was interested in all things caramel.

The recipes are easy to follow, which is usually a downfall of many cookbooks. I am only taking away half a star due to the fact that there are no pictures at the moment. I am hoping that the finished book will be accompanied by photograph of Bill's creations.

Thank you to Bill Collins, Storey Publishing and Netgalley for giving me access to this book in return for an honest opinion.

Publication date: 26 January 2016

My rating: 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment