Thursday 9 June 2016

Magnate (Acquisition #2) by Celia Aaron

Synopsis from Amazon:

Lucius Vinemont has spirited me away to a world of sugar cane and sun. There is nothing he cannot give me on his lavish Cuban plantation. Each gift seduces me, each touch seals my fate. There is no more talk of depraved competitions or his older brother – the one who’d stolen me, claimed me, and made me feel things I never should have. Even as Lucius works to make me forget Sinclair, my thoughts stray back to him, to the dark blue eyes that haunt my sweetest dreams and bitterest nightmares. Just like every dream, this one must end. Christmas will soon be here, and with it, the second trial of the Acquisition.


My review:

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley.

Second book in the series and yes it does have me hooked. I mean what more can they throw at that poor girl?

Stella has fallen in love with the devil. She seems to have everyone falling in love with her. And she is finally starting to understand how high the stakes really are for winning/losing the Acquisition trials.

The story is certainly interesting and although a bit twisted it is written in a captivating style and I actually cannot wait for the third book to come out.


My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment