Thursday 9 June 2016

Sovereign (Acquisition #3) by Celia Aaron

Synopsis from Amazon:

The Acquisition has ruled my life, ruled my every waking moment since Sinclair Vinemont first showed up at my house offering an infernal bargain to save my father’s life. Now I know the stakes. The charade is at an end, and Sinclair has far more to lose than I ever did. 

But this knowledge hasn’t strengthened me. Instead, each revelation breaks me down until nothing is left but my fight and my rage. As I struggle to survive, only one question remains. How far will I go to save those I love and burn the Acquisition to the ground? 



My review:

Third and final book in the Acquisition series and what a read it was. After managing to obtain the first two books through NetGalley and enjoying the series I purchased the third book as I couldn’t wait to read it. The series for me finished with in great style hence my mark of 5/5 stars.

The whole concept of this series is this dark society run by some of the most perverted people you can imagine, but it didn’t make me feel as uncomfortable as I thought it would. Let’s be honest, most of us has seen Hunger Games and how many millions of people has been watching Game of Thrones? This is just another way of showing the twisted, dark drama genre we have all come to enjoy.

After the two trials that Stella and Sin have gone through I was a little afraid of what was to come, however the last two trials were so bad. I mean that in the way that the previous ones were based on sex and rape, the last two trials were based on something Stella had had – strength and determination to survive.

The Vinemont family survival hangs on the shoulders of this one girl, but they all come together through love and bonds that cannot be broken by violence and brutality. You get to love all the family members including Sin’s brother Lucius, Teddy and even their mother Rebecca.

They learned from each other, from themselves and from their surroundings and all receive some important life lessons throughout the process.

This was an existing series and I am gutted that it’s reached its end.


My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment